Reasons for the Tears

Tears fall, water from the soul exposing the depths of the heart.  Tears, although uncomfortable, are a sacred experience.  A cleansing, a release, an expression, a plea, a helplessness... the list extends for ages.  Why does one cry?  I contemplated this question in light of my own experience, coming up with the following answers.  As I continue to ponder reasons for my tears, I encourage you to do the same.  Realize that your tears are necessary, a thing from the depths of your true self.


Pain inexpressible by words

Brokenness of the world

Goodbyes or Loss

Unrealized Dreams

Perceiving I'm not enough

Holes from trauma

Life as we know it changes

Broken trust

Unnamable reasons

Burdens feel too heavy

Emptiness

Joy

Relief

A second chance


 

Comments

  1. Your thoughts are deep, but needed and good. A little soul searching is a beneficial exercise for each of us—probably more often than we’d like or are willing. Your pictures are vibrant yet thoughtful as well. Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was beautiful. Your captions were so unexpected for me, but worked perfectly. Thank you for this. Tears are something I have been pondering. May I request a tears part 2 for the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lydia for sharing and making me think. Tears are an outpouring of the soul. Sometimes from sorrow and pain sometimes from joy and relief. And there is a thousand reasons to express with tears. Your timing on sending this and me reading it is amazing. I just received a text from a friend today who is dealing with a son leaving for the Navy tomorrow. She said she can't stop crying. I told her her tears are an expression of love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby!

Ethiopia